Looking to restore that sparkle and shine back into your diamond ring?
We all have certain rings that we love and adore wearing all the time or just for those special occasions. Either way, just like having a skincare and hair care routine, it's important that we follow a routine for our jewellery!
Which is why we want to share with you some of our favourite do’s and don'ts when it comes to making sure your babies stay in pristine condition.
If you’re on this blog you probably have a diamond ring that is in need of some TLC and an extra special routine, or you know someone who is in need of these tips.
Tips for keeping that forever sparkle
- Regular short cleans at least once a month
- Being gentle when washing or wearing
- Check what metal your ring is made of, because all materials are different and require specific attention
Your different rings demand different attention to cleaning, which is why we want to provide you with the top blanket rule when it comes to looking after your babies.
Blanket rule one, plain soap and water will clean all your unique array of rings.
How to clean white gold diamond rings
Overtime, as we know it, our rings tarnish naturally, and yes, it is sad to know that our favourite rings won't always hold the same shine that it did in the beginning. We can’t stop the process, but we can prevent and preserve the shine and memories that our jewellery can represent.
Whether it's an engagement ring, antique or an heirloom we want to make sure you are looking after your pieces correctly. Which is why we always say, before you wash your rings it is always best to check the stone to make sure that it isn't loose (a heartbreaking situation to think about indeed).
We want to let you in on a little daily wear and care secret. If you forget to do your weekly ring care routine like most of us may do in our busy lives. We have some tips that will give yourself a bit of leeway in between cleans. If you follow these next few things, you are sure to get away with a monthly clean rather than weekly.
General daily care tips
When you have a stunning diamond engagement ring it can be hard to want to take it off. But what we need to remember is how to properly look after and preserve such a beautiful and memorable piece of jewellery.
- 1) When you are busy meal prepping, cleaning up after yourself or desperate for that warm bath after a long day of work. Your diamond ring (or any ring for that matter) will thank you tremendously if you take it off before doing any of these things.
- 2) It's important to look after your skin and strictly follow a self-care routine. But for the sake of looking after your jewellery, take off your rings to avoid chemicals and lotions tarnishing them!
- 3) Sunscreen is another important skincare step not to skip, but when it comes to applying it, your engagement ring will thank you for not putting it on whilst wearing it.
- 4) For the sporty girls out there, you do not want to risk wearing your valuable rings whilst playing ANY type of sport or gardening for that matter.
- 5) For the best way to keep your ring shining like the diamond it originally was, it can be beneficial or even sacred to store it in a special spot at the end of the day.
For extra white gold engagement ring care instructions
To take your ring care routine to the next level, white gold needs to be dipped in a plating called rhodium every few years. Sounds expensive or difficult? Surprisingly, it’s not, and often jewellers do this for free!
You can thank us later when you can see the long-lasting effects that good care of your jewellery can have.
And if you enjoy reading along with our blogs, be sure to check in as regularly as you can to make sure you don’t miss an update!
Leave a Reply